1916 was the first year that the Brighton Seventh-day Adventist Church opened a school to provide Christian education. The school operated for the next sixteen years, teaching students reading, writing, and arithmetic together with Christian principals. It was forced to close in 1932 because of financial difficulties associated with the depression. The hope of reopening the school became a reality in the late 1950s because of generous gifts of time, land, resources, and energy from people who believed in the importance of teaching students in a Christian environment. Brighton Adventist Academy has operated continuously at its current address since 1958.